Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson are keeping the peace.
Following his joke about their engagement in an “SNL” promo, the comedian shared kind words for his ex on last night’s episode of the late-night show.
Davidson addressed his split with his ex-fiancée at the end of a “Weekend Update” segment. “I know some of you are curious about the breakup, but the truth is, it’s nobody’s business and sometimes things just don’t work out and that’s OK. She’s a wonderful, strong person and I genuinely wish her all the happiness in the world.”
Earlier in the week, Davidson joked about his past relationships including his failed engagement to Grande, saying he’s “0-3.” The comment didn’t sit well with his ex, who shaded him on Twitter. “For somebody who claims to hate relevancy u sure love clinging to it huh,” she wrote in a since-deleted tweet. “thank u, next.”
On Saturday evening (Nov. 3), Grande debuted her new song “thank u, next,” on which she thanks her exes including Big Sean, Mac Miller, and Davidson. “Even almost got married / And for Pete I’m so thankful,” she sings. “One taught me love / One taught me patience / And one taught me pain / Now I’m so amazing.”
The singer, 25, and comedian, 24, called off their engagement last month. According to TMZ, they had an agreement that they would remain silent about the breakup.
Share This Article
- Casanova Drops Off ‘Free At Last’ Ep: Listen
- Lil West Releases New Single “Not Sure”: Listen
- Ace Hood Releases New Freestyle “In My Bag”: Listen
- Lil Kim Releases New Single “Go Awff”: Listen
- MUSIC: Young M.A – Stubborn Ass
- T.I. Disses Mayweather On ‘Fu*k N***a’: Listen
- ALBUM: Drake – So Far Gone
- Cardi B & Bruno Mars Drops New Single “Please Me”: Listen
- ALBUM: August Alsina – Forever And A Day