Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson’s breakup may not be so amicable after all.
The Sweetener singer shaded her ex on Twitter after a promo aired for this weekend’s “Saturday Night Live.” In the clip, Davidson pokes fun at his failed engagement to Grande by proposing to musical guest Maggie Rogers.
“Hey Maggie, I’m Pete. You wanna get married?” says Davidson.
Rogers declines and Davidson responds by saying he’s “0-3,” a reference to his failed relationships with Grande and Cazzie David.
After the clip circulated online, Grande shot back with a subliminal. “For somebody who claims to hate relevancy u sure love clinging to it huh,” she wrote in a since-deleted tweet. “thank u, next.”
She also retweeted a fan who wrote, “tag yourself i’m maggie.”
ariana shading pete is something what i live for pic.twitter.com/Btf2JXIY9R
— ً (@evverytimes) November 2, 2018
According to TMZ, Davidson won’t reference his breakup with Grande during tomorrow’s episode of “SNL.” The exes apparently have an agreement to stay silent and he plans to honor that. Pete got word Ariana was upset after the promo aired and nixed a skit he’d written about their engagement.
The singer, 25, and comedian, 24, called off their engagement last month and Grande returned the 3-carat diamond ring. Sources close to the former couple claim that the breakup was mutual, saying that it was simply too soon and not the right time.
Share This Article
- Gunna Drops ‘Richard Millie Plain’ Video: Watch
- Video: YFN Lucci – Oct. 24: Watch
- Brianna Perry Drops ‘Anita Baker’ Music Video
- Video: Post Malone – ‘Wow’
- New on Netflix This April 2019
- The Weeknd Executive Produced Nav’s ‘Bad Habits’ Album
- Logic Reveals “Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind” New Album
- Lollapalooza 2019 Announces Partial Lineup
- J. Cole Reveals 2019 Dreamville Festival Full Lineup