HER Performs Fate On Jimmy Kimmel
H.E.R. grooved to the smoldering “Fate” from the I Used to Know Her: Part 2 EP on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Tuesday night (Nov. 20). The enigmatic 21-year-old R&B singer (whose name stands for “Having Everything Revealed”) has been cagey about revealing too much about her personal life and she kept the mystery rolling during her Kimmel appearance, hiding her eyes behind a big pair of sunglasses.
Strumming an acoustic guitar and backed by a choir dressed in black, H.E.R.’s soulful voice melted into the opening verse: “I’m lost, is it really even my fault?/ I don’t think that it’s supposed to be hard, if it’s really meant to be/ So give me a sign/ Is he always gonna be mine?/ Have I given it enough of my time?/ You cannot blame if it don’t mean nothing.”
The velvety song heated up by the time the second chorus rolled around, with the drums amping up and the harmonies growing thicker. “Sweet, sweet fate,” she sang, “I had about all I can take/ Am I living in the path that I make/ Is it yours? I wonder.”
Throwing it back to the ‘90s, H.E.R.’s voice simmered on the breakdown, which interpolated a portion of Michael Jackson’s “Earth Song”: “What about yesterday?/ (What about us?)/ What about the seas?/ (What about us?)/ The heavens are falling down/ (What about us?)/ I can’t even breathe.”
Watch H.E.R. captivate Kimmel with her “Fate” performance below.
Share This Article
- Gunna Drops ‘Richard Millie Plain’ Video: Watch
- Video: YFN Lucci – Oct. 24: Watch
- Brianna Perry Drops ‘Anita Baker’ Music Video
- Video: Post Malone – ‘Wow’
- New on Netflix This April 2019
- The Weeknd Executive Produced Nav’s ‘Bad Habits’ Album
- Logic Reveals “Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind” New Album
- Lollapalooza 2019 Announces Partial Lineup
- J. Cole Reveals 2019 Dreamville Festival Full Lineup