Watch Nas Short Film Nasir
Escobar season continues. Nas has released a short film to accompany his 11th studio album Nasir, which dropped in June.
Directed by Rohan Blair-Mangat, the 16-minute visual touches on social issues ingrained into his neighborhood of Queens, New York, including racism and police brutality.
His 7-track album, executive produced by Kanye West, serves as the soundtrack, while Slick Rick and Demarius Mack make cameos. “I’m a product of the old school and the newest of the new,” says the hip-hop icon while addressing his legacy.
Nas is now working on the follow-up to Nasir. During an iHeartRadio interview with Angie Martinez in July, Nas revealed that he has been in the studio with Swizz Beatz and RZA.
”It’s another album that I already had been working on before [Nasir],” he said. “Since I did this, I gotta do something that, you know, goes in another direction a little bit. So I’m finishing up the next one.”
Share This Article
- Drake Teases New Music From His Upcoming Album
- The Jonas Brothers Are Reuniting As JONAS: Reports
- Icewear Vezzo & Big Sean Team Up For “Balance” Listen
- Desiigner Drops Off New Single “Earned iiT”: Listen
- Quando Rondo Releases “Scarred From Love”: Listen
- Desiigner Disses Kanye West On “Thotiana Remix” Listen
- Cardi B Slams Jussie Smollett For Ruining Black History Month
- Yelawolf Drops Off “Skallywag” Freestyle: Listen
- Kxng Crooked Releases “Bar’d Up” Freestyle: Listen