Sony is being coy about why the skipped E3.
For the past few months, Sony has been dropping some serious breadcrumbs that lead back to what many believe to be the reveal of the Playstation 5.
They first announced that they would skip their own event, Playstation Experience (or PSX), citing a lack of new stuff to show (“we don’t want to set expectations really high and then not deliver on it”).
But after their recent announcement that they would be skipping this year’s E3, people are beginning to see a pattern. According to Screen Rant, PSX will be back in 2019 because Sony will have something big to show.
Couple that with the fact that Dev kits have already been sent out for the next gen console and that, if the PS5 is announced next year, then it will likely be released in the December 2020 holiday season, a tidy seven years after the PS4 came out.
Here is Sony’s official statement on why they’re skipping E3, rumours aside: “PlayStation fans mean the world to us and we always want to innovate, think differently and experiment with new ways to delight gamers.
As a result, we have decided not to participate in E3 in 2019. We are exploring new and familiar ways to engage our community in 2019 and can’t wait to share our plans with you.”
Share This Article
Owner and Editor, 24HH. Passionate about Hip-Hop News, Music, Video Gmaes and Fashion. Go getter!
- Nicki Minaj Grinds On Her Man In Raunchy New Video
- Lil Wayne Performs ‘Don’t Cry’ On ‘Late Show’
- VIDEO: Swizz Beatz Ft. Nas – Echo
- VIDEO: A$AP Rocky – Tony Tone
- NEW MUSIC: Lil Wayne & Ty Dolla $ign Ft XXXtentacion – Scared Of The Dark
- Offset Begs For Cardi B To Take Him Back
- Jay-Z Shares His Favorite 2018 Rap Songs
- NEW MUSIC: Curren$y – Grand
- NEW MUSIC: Lil Keed – Red Hot Ft. Trippie Redd