Kendrick Lamar signs a long-term deal with Broadcast Music, Inc.
BMI announced on Monday (April 29) that from now on, the renowned performing rights organization will represent Kendrick’s critically-acclaimed catalog of music worldwide.
Lamar joins a loaded roster that already includes Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Ozuna, Lady Gaga, Julia Michaels, Khalid, Post Malone, Halsey, and more.
“We’re thrilled to welcome Kendrick to the BMI family and expand our great working relationship with Top Dawg Entertainment and its incredibly talented roster,” said Mike Steinberg, EVP Creative & Licensing. BMI is already the publishing home to TDE artists SZA, Jay Rock, ScHoolboy Q, Skiiiwalker, and Isaiah Rashad.
“Kendrick’s gift for writing and performing such stunningly impactful music has solidified his stature among the world’s greatest artists and, without a doubt, as a major force in our industry for many years to come,” Steinberg continued. “We’re honored that he has chosen BMI to represent his creative works.”
Share This Article
- Halsey Shares ‘Nightmare’ Music Video: Watch
- Slowthai & Skepta Join Forces On “Inglorious”: Listen
- New Music: Quavo feat. Saweetie – “Too Much Shaft”
- Lil Wayne Assists Jozzy On New Single “Sucka Free”: Listen
- New Music: DJ Khaled feat. Cardi B & 21 Savage – “Wish Wish”
- Akon Grabs Anuel AA For New Single “Get Money”: Listen
- Tyler, The Creator Releases New Album “IGOR”: Listen
- Video: DJ Khaled ft. SZA – Just Us
- Watch Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus “Old Town Road” Music Video