Jay-Z comes forward with support for 21 Savage.
While 21 Savage remains behind bars following his recent ICE arrest, JAY-Z is stepping up to help the British-born rapper.
According to TMZ, the Roc Nation Boss calls 21’s situation “an absolute travesty” and will do whatever he can to assist — much like he did with Meek Mill awhile back.
21 Savage isn’t signed to the ROC but he does have their support. Jay-Z shared a statement calling 21 Savage’s arrest “an absolute travesty,” adding that the rapper’s U-Visa’s been pending for four years. “In addition to being a successful recording artist, 21 deserves to be reunited with his children immediately,” he added.
Jay-Z has enlisted Roc Nation to respond to a “matter of injustice” They’ve hired attorney Alex Spiro to help with the case.
“We are not going to stop until he is released, bonded out or in front of a judge,” Spiro told TMZ. “What we have here is someone who overstayed their Visa with an application pending for 4 years – not a convicted criminal that needs to be detained and removed but, by all accounts a wonderful person, father, and entertainer who has a marijuana offense which was vacated and sealed.”
In 2017, he reportedly reapplied for the U visa, which may have triggered the background check and ultimately led to his arrest. 21 Savage is presently in “removal proceedings,” but his legal team vows to combat deportation.
Share This Article
- Yelawolf Drops Off “Skallywag” Freestyle: Listen
- Kxng Crooked Releases “Bar’d Up” Freestyle: Listen
- Blueface Drops “Thotiana (Remix)” With Cardi B: Listen
- Casanova Drops Off ‘Free At Last’ Ep: Listen
- Lil West Releases New Single “Not Sure”: Listen
- Ace Hood Releases New Freestyle “In My Bag”: Listen
- Lil Kim Releases New Single “Go Awff”: Listen
- MUSIC: Young M.A – Stubborn Ass
- T.I. Disses Mayweather On ‘Fu*k N***a’: Listen