Kendrick Lamar, Drake & Childish Gambino will not be performing at the 2019 Grammy awards this Sunday, due to some unknown reasons.
According to the New York Times, Kendrick Lamar, Drake and Childish Gambino were all contacted to show off their skills on the Grammy stage but ultimately, all three acts declined the offer to perform.
Kendrick Lamar leads with 8 nominations this year, followed by Drake with 7, Gambino has 5 nominations, including Record and Song of the Year for “This Is America.”
This years Grammy will be Hosted by Alicia Keys, the 61st annual Grammy Awards are set to feature performances from Post Malone, Cardi B, Travis Scott, Camila Cabello, H.E.R., and Janelle Moná , also a Motown tribute with Jennifer Lopez.
The shows longtime Producer Ken Ehrlich voiced out on the allure of the Award Show, “The fact of the matter is, we continue to have a problem in the hip-hop world,” said Ken Ehrlich. “When they don’t take home the big prize, the regard of the academy, and what the Grammys represent, continues to be less meaningful to the hip-hop community, which is sad.”
Spokesmen for Kendrick, Drake and Childish were unclear if they will attend the show or not. It will be interesting to see who takes home the most meaningful prizes this weekend.
The show will air live from Los Angeles Staples Center on Sunday at 8 p.m. on CBS television.
Share This Article
- Yelawolf Drops Off “Skallywag” Freestyle: Listen
- Kxng Crooked Releases “Bar’d Up” Freestyle: Listen
- Blueface Drops “Thotiana (Remix)” With Cardi B: Listen
- Casanova Drops Off ‘Free At Last’ Ep: Listen
- Lil West Releases New Single “Not Sure”: Listen
- Ace Hood Releases New Freestyle “In My Bag”: Listen
- Lil Kim Releases New Single “Go Awff”: Listen
- MUSIC: Young M.A – Stubborn Ass
- T.I. Disses Mayweather On ‘Fu*k N***a’: Listen