Kanye West Designs Shirts Urging Black Exit From Democratic Party
Kanye West is making a political statement with his fashion. The rapper has designed a line of T-shirts supporting the “Blexit” or “Black Exit” campaign that encourages African-Americans to part ways with the Democratic Party.
He debuted his designs Saturday (Oct. 27) at the Young Black Leadership Summit in Washington, D.C., a meeting of young black conservatives organized by Turning Point USA’s Candace Owens, who Kanye previously praised on social media.
West was not in attendance, but was there “in spirit,” according to Owens (via Page Six). “Blexit is a renaissance and I am blessed to say that this logo, these colors, were created by my dear friend and fellow superhero Kanye West,” Owens told the crowd. “[West] has taken one of the boldest steps in America to open a conversation we have needed to have.”
The West-designed shirts, available in colors salmon, lagoon blue, and orchid, include the phrases “Blexit” and “We Free,” and are available on ShopBlexit.com for $25-28.
West has been an outspoken supporter of Donald Trump. Earlier this month, he met with the President in the White House to discuss prison reform, mental health, and Colin Kaepernick.
Despite his support for Trump and “Blexit,” West recently revealed that he donated $73,000 to the campaign of Chicago Democratic mayoral hopeful Amara Enyia.
— ye (@kanyewest) October 23, 2018
Share This Article
- Check Out Air Jordan 9 “Dream It, Do It”
- Blueface Charged With Possession Of Loaded Handgun
- Drake Teases New Music From His Upcoming Album
- The Jonas Brothers Are Reuniting As JONAS: Reports
- Icewear Vezzo & Big Sean Team Up For “Balance” Listen
- Desiigner Drops Off New Single “Earned iiT”: Listen
- Quando Rondo Releases “Scarred From Love”: Listen
- Desiigner Disses Kanye West On “Thotiana Remix” Listen
- Cardi B Slams Jussie Smollett For Ruining Black History Month