Cardi B continues her fashion ventures.
Cardi B launched her first collaboration with Fashion Nova on Wednesday (November 14) night in Los Angeles. The fashion reveal came along with a concert where Cardi, City Girls, Saweetie, and others performed.
The fashion collab contains 80 pieces, and Cardi sat down with Vogue to discuss the new line. After claiming that her concert line up contained “A whole lotta of vaginas,” and adding a satirical “PETA leave me the fuck alone!,” the “Bodak Yellow” rapper opened up about her inspirations for the line. The Fall played a big role in what Cardi determined would be in the fashion rollout.
“They are things that I see myself wearing, like in the ’60s and the ’70s,” Cardi told the publication. “I was thinking a lot about what would I wear in the falltime, like we have a lot of jackets, we have a lot dark colors, a lot of mustards, belting, a lot of blues.
Nothing so bright. I love bright things but I was like, ‘I don’t think people want to wear a lot of bright shit in the wintertime.’ It’s very chic. It’s really more of the things that I always wanted to wear but more affordable.” You can watch the stream of the concert here.
FASHION NOVA LINE DROP TONIGHT ….I loveee this jacket pic.twitter.com/6OPACMTXSh
— iamcardib (@iamcardib) November 14, 2018
Share This Article
- Drake Teases New Music From His Upcoming Album
- The Jonas Brothers Are Reuniting As JONAS: Reports
- Icewear Vezzo & Big Sean Team Up For “Balance” Listen
- Desiigner Drops Off New Single “Earned iiT”: Listen
- Quando Rondo Releases “Scarred From Love”: Listen
- Desiigner Disses Kanye West On “Thotiana Remix” Listen
- Cardi B Slams Jussie Smollett For Ruining Black History Month
- Yelawolf Drops Off “Skallywag” Freestyle: Listen
- Kxng Crooked Releases “Bar’d Up” Freestyle: Listen