Vince Staples new album looks to be a banger.
Earlier this week, the endearingly ornery Vince Staples surprised fans with news of an upcoming album. Now, with the project set to drop tomorrow, the album’s tracklist and album artwork have surfaced via New Zealand iTunes.
The project clocks in at a mere twenty-two minutes, it features eleven tracks, and a cohesive musical aesthetic. Rest assured that Vince delivered on his goal, and longtime supporters will likely enjoy FM despite its brevity.
Though the majority of the features remain uncredited, a cursory skim through the snippets (available in select international markets) reveal features from Earl Sweatshirt, Tyga, and E40. Vince’s rollout has indicated his intentions of delivering a “west coast” album to the core, and on that front he undoubtedly delivers.
Production is reminiscent of “Big Fish” and “Norf Norf,” with electronic minimalism coalescing with cold, millennial g-funk. Peep the tracklist and cover art here.
1. Feels Like Summer (Prod. Kenny Beats)
2. Outside! (Prod. Kenny Beats)
3. Don’t Get Chipped ft. Jay Rock (Prod. Kenny Beats & Cubeatz)
4. Relay (Prod. Hagler)
5. New earlsweatshirt (Interlude) (Prod. Kenny Beats)
6. Run the Bands (Prod. Hagler)
7. FUN! (Prod. Hagler & Kenny Beats)
8. No Bleedin (Prod. Kenny Beats)
9. Brand New Tyga (Interlude) (Prod. Kenny Beats)
10. (562) 453-9382 (Skit) (Prod. Kenny Beats)
11. Tweakin’ (Prod. Kenny Beats & KillaGraham)