Astroworld is back at No. 1.
Over three months since its release, Travis Scott’s latest album returns to No. 1 on the Billboard 200 for a third nonconsecutive week. According to Nielsen Music, the set moved 71,000 equivalent album units in the week ending Nov. 29, of which 31,000 were in album sales.
Astroworld, which spent its first two weeks at No. 1 in August, has not left the top 10 since its debut 17 weeks ago. The latest surge in sales can be attributed to Scott releasing more than two dozen merchandise/album bundles for Cyber Monday on his website.
The merch items, which included hats, T-shirts, and hoodies, were each bundled with a digital copy of Astroworld. The album was also aided by a new Skrillex remix to the Drake-assisted smash “Sicko Mode.”
#1 album and #1 single.
God is good.
— TRAVIS SCOTT (@trvisXX) December 3, 2018
Following Scott is 6ix9ine’s Dummy Boy, which debuts at No. 2 based on just three days of activity. The embattled rapper’s album was released on Nov. 27 and opens with 66,000 equivalent album units (10,000 in album sales).
The project, which features Nicki Minaj and Kanye West, was previously slated for release on Nov. 23, but was delayed following 6ix9ine’s arrest on six federal charges, including racketeering and discharging a firearm while committing a crime.
Elsewhere in the top 10, Drake’s Scorpion remains at No. 8 with 39,000 units, while Lil Baby and Gunna’s Drip Harder rises 12-10 (34,000).
BILLBOARD 200 TOP 10
1. Travis Scott – Astroworld – 71,000
2. 6ix9ine – Dummy Boy – 66,000
3. Michael Bublé – Love – 58,000
4. Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper – A Star Is Born – 53,000
5. Michael Bublé – Christmas – 44,000
6. Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody Soundtrack – 43,000
7. Pentatonix – Christmas Is Here! – 43,000
8. Drake – Scorpion – 39,000
9. Various Artists – The Greatest Showman: Reimagined – 35,000
10. Lil Baby and Gunna – Drip Harder – 34,000
Share This Article
- Check Out Air Jordan 9 “Dream It, Do It”
- Blueface Charged With Possession Of Loaded Handgun
- Drake Teases New Music From His Upcoming Album
- The Jonas Brothers Are Reuniting As JONAS: Reports
- Icewear Vezzo & Big Sean Team Up For “Balance” Listen
- Desiigner Drops Off New Single “Earned iiT”: Listen
- Quando Rondo Releases “Scarred From Love”: Listen
- Desiigner Disses Kanye West On “Thotiana Remix” Listen
- Cardi B Slams Jussie Smollett For Ruining Black History Month