Kodak Black, whose legal name is Bill Kapri, was arrested on weapons charges in Miami shortly before he was set to perform at the Rolling Loud music festival on Saturday (May 11).
WSVN 7 News in Miami confirms he was arrested at the festival, citing the ATF, Miami-Date police Northside Gang Unit and the US Marshalls all played a part in the arrest of the rapper. Kodak was transported to a Federal Detention Center in Miami.
According to the U.S. Marshals office. Prior to his performance, officers from Miami-Dade County and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were waiting with both state and federal warrants.
All of the warrants he was arrested on were firearm related, reports TMZ. It’s currently unclear if he was armed at the time of arrest.
Just obtained photo of Bill Kapri, AKA Rapper Kodak Black after he was arrested tonight. Official statement from Marshals: after an extensive investigation conducted by the US Marshals, ATF, and Miami Dade PD North Side Gang Unit, Kapri, was arrested as he arrived… pic.twitter.com/IHVzAoNStI
— Brian Entin (@BrianEntin) May 12, 2019
Kodak was also indicted on sexual assault charges in 2016, for which he has yet to stand trial. The rapper also caught flak for making an insensitive comment about Nipsey Hussle’s girlfriend after he was shot dead.
Share This Article
- Halsey Shares ‘Nightmare’ Music Video: Watch
- Slowthai & Skepta Join Forces On “Inglorious”: Listen
- New Music: Quavo feat. Saweetie – “Too Much Shaft”
- Lil Wayne Assists Jozzy On New Single “Sucka Free”: Listen
- New Music: DJ Khaled feat. Cardi B & 21 Savage – “Wish Wish”
- Akon Grabs Anuel AA For New Single “Get Money”: Listen
- Tyler, The Creator Releases New Album “IGOR”: Listen
- Video: DJ Khaled ft. SZA – Just Us
- Watch Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus “Old Town Road” Music Video