Social media rose up against Funky for his comments.
Funky Dineva got a lot of unwanted attention after his last appearance on TS Madison’s show, The Queen’s Court. When the guests were taking shots at Jay-Z‘s looks, Dineva decided to shift the heat towards the rapper’s 7-year-old daughter, Blue Ivy, calling the child “ugly.”
Social media responded in anger. Funky Dineva has since filmed a video to address the situation and apologize to The Carters as well as their fans.
In the clip available below, the man acknowledges that the words he chose while being “in character” were “gross,” considering the fact that he is a “grown ass man” who took aim at a “defenseless” child for the sake of a punchline.
“I’m upset with myself. I’ve said some off the wall things before in the name of comedy, and I’ve stood by them all and defended them all, and told the general public, you know, ‘Forget you. You’re just gonna have to be mad.’ But this is one of those things that I’m not proud of. I can’t stand in this one”
He goes on to say that he feels ashamed about the situation: “I recognize wholeheartedly that what I did was wrong…Find it in your hearts to forgive me.
Hopefully, we can get past this.” He promises to make efforts in the future to be more mindful of his jokes and “be a better wordsmith when it comes to people’s children.”
Share This Article
- Video: Tyga – ‘Goddamn’
- New Music: Beyonce – ‘Sorry’ Original Demo
- Kylie Jenner Previews Unreleased Travis Scott Song
- New Music: Pink ‘Hurts 2B Human’ feat. Khalid
- Lil Kim Releases New Single “No Auto Blanco”
- Meek Mill Deletes Instagram To Focus On ‘Real Life’
- Stream Kanye West’s Coachella Sunday Service Live
- Smokepurpp Releases “Lost Planet” EP
- Iggy Azalea Teases New Single “Started” Release Date