Tekashi 6ix9ine Allegedly Axed Fashion Nova Due To Nicki Minaj’s Cardi B Beef
On his Nicki Minaj and Kanye West-assisted track “MAMA,” which dropped Tuesday (Nov. 27), Tekashi references women’s fashion brand Apple Bottoms. “Splish splash Apple Bottoms make that ass phat,” he raps.
The lyrics may seem harmless, but they reportedly messed up a lucrative deal with Fashion Nova.
TMZ reports that Tekashi inked a six-figure deal with the clothing company to mention them in his lyrics and include branding in his music video. The original lyrics were supposed to say, “Splish splash Fashion Nova make that ass phat.”
Fashion Nova expected Tekashi to deliver and cut him a check for the entire amount upfront. An early teaser for the track, which was posted on Instagram, included the Fashion Nova lyric, while a still from the video shoot shows models rocking lingerie with the Fashion Nova logo. The video shoot was scrapped after a real shooting occurred on set.
TMZ claims that the lyric was changed because it “enraged” Nicki Minaj. Her rival Cardi B has a deal with Fashion Nova for a clothing line, so she reportedly asked Tekashi to remove the reference from the song and he agreed.
Fashion Nova has not asked Tekashi to return the money and is waiting to see what happens with his trial, which is scheduled for Sept. 4. The rapper, who pled not guilty in his federal racketeering case, remains in a federal facility while awaiting a bail hearing.
Share This Article
- YG Taps Meek Mill, Rose Gold & Arin Ray For ‘Heart 2 Heart’
- Popcaan Returns With New Song “Party Business”: Listen
- Trey Songz Taps Fabolous For New Song “Freaky”
- Video: YG – In The Dark
- Rihanna Talks Fenty Fashion Brand, Reggae Album, & Drake
- YG Releases 4REAL 4REAL Album
- Young Thug Grabs J. Cole & Travis Scott For ‘The London’: Listen
- Ed Sheeran Taps Chance The Rapper & PnB Rock For ‘Cross Me’
- Will Smith & DJ Khaled Team Up For “Friend Like Me”