Stream Mac Miller Nothing From Nothing
Stream Mac Miller Nothing From Nothing, Mac Miller croons a soulful cover of Billy Preston’s chart-topping 1974 hit “Nothing From Nothing” in a new posthumous release for Spotify’s Singles series.
“Nothin’ from nothin’ leaves nothin’/ You gotta have somethin’ if you want to be with me,” the rapper-singer sings in a throaty rasp over warm electric piano.
As part of the session, Miller also performed a stripped-down solo ake on “Dunno,” a track from his fifth and final LP, Swimming. “Well, we was fuckin’, almost missed my flight/ I wasn’t even trippin’,” he half-hums over a gospel-styled piano sequence. “I said, ’It’s all right/ Yeah, goddamn, we was hit last night/ Wouldn’t you rather get along?”
Miller died in September at age 26 from an accidental overdose of fentanyl, cocaine and alcohol. The following month, some of hip-hop’s biggest artists – including Chance the Rapper,
Rae Sremmurd and Travis Scott – united to honor the versatile artist during a tribute show hosted by the late rapper’s Circles Fund; as part of the event, organizers unveiled a video of Miller playing an unreleased song at the piano.
Share This Article
- Video: Tyga – ‘Goddamn’
- New Music: Beyonce – ‘Sorry’ Original Demo
- Kylie Jenner Previews Unreleased Travis Scott Song
- New Music: Pink ‘Hurts 2B Human’ feat. Khalid
- Lil Kim Releases New Single “No Auto Blanco”
- Meek Mill Deletes Instagram To Focus On ‘Real Life’
- Stream Kanye West’s Coachella Sunday Service Live
- Smokepurpp Releases “Lost Planet” EP
- Iggy Azalea Teases New Single “Started” Release Date