Stream Lana Del Rey Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have
Lana Del Rey has solidified herself as a prominent songwriter in the alternative-pop landscape, with her wistful vocals evoking the abstract concept of “simpler times.”
Late yesterday, the singer dropped off a new track called “hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have – but i have it,” which in itself reveals her willingness to attempt harnassing a sense of optimism.
The track finds Lana behind the piano, her usual modus operandi, which allows her layered and vivid lyricism to shine. “Ive been tearing around in my fucking nightgown, 24/7 Sylvia Plath,” she sings, referencing an iconic feminist poet from the 1960s. “Writing in blood on the walls, cause the ink in my pen don’t work in my notepad, don’t ask if I’m happy, you know that I’m not.”
Arrangement-wise, “Hope” remains relatively straightforward, which makes sense given the scope of the song’s imagery. “I’ve had fifteen-year dances, Church basement romances,” she continues.
“Spilling my guts with the Bowery Bums, is the only love I’ve ever known.” Sometimes, a singer and their instrument is all you really need.
Share This Article
- Gunna Drops ‘Richard Millie Plain’ Video: Watch
- Video: YFN Lucci – Oct. 24: Watch
- Brianna Perry Drops ‘Anita Baker’ Music Video
- Video: Post Malone – ‘Wow’
- New on Netflix This April 2019
- The Weeknd Executive Produced Nav’s ‘Bad Habits’ Album
- Logic Reveals “Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind” New Album
- Lollapalooza 2019 Announces Partial Lineup
- J. Cole Reveals 2019 Dreamville Festival Full Lineup