Rae Sremmurd & Rich The Kid Sign Wilhelmina Models Deals
Wilhemina is moving further into the celebrity sphere. For the last few years, we’ve seen rappers get more in touch with the high fashion world and modeling. Streetwear and hip-hop have always gone hand-in-hand but recently, artists have embraced brands like Gucci, Balenciaga, Moschino, and others.
Entire songs have been made about one’s love for luxury clothing and people like Kanye West and Pharrell have seamlessly transitioned into roles as fashion designers.
Lil Yachty was even a model for Yeezy Season 3’s display. Now, we can introduce two more acts that will be making a push in a new career as both Rich The Kid and Rae Sremmurd have signed deals with Wilhemina.
Wilhemina is one of the biggest modeling agencies in the world and they’ve been trying to integrate themselves more in a celebrity sphere. Nicki Minaj, Shawn Mendes, and more have signed to them and now, the agency is welcoming Rich The Kid and Rae Sremmurd to their books.
We’re bound to see them pop up in magazines and shows soon. RTK issued a statement to WWD on the news, saying that the deal will help him become “closer with brands, and also will help me with getting out there more.” The Rae Sremmurd duo noted in their own statement, “We’re excited to join the Wilhelmina family; they take risks in the fashion industry the same way we take risks in music.”
It will be interesting to keep an eye on what each side has coming up. Perhaps a special runway show to promote Sremmlife 4?
Share This Article
- YG Taps Meek Mill, Rose Gold & Arin Ray For ‘Heart 2 Heart’
- Popcaan Returns With New Song “Party Business”: Listen
- Trey Songz Taps Fabolous For New Song “Freaky”
- Video: YG – In The Dark
- Rihanna Talks Fenty Fashion Brand, Reggae Album, & Drake
- YG Releases 4REAL 4REAL Album
- Young Thug Grabs J. Cole & Travis Scott For ‘The London’: Listen
- Ed Sheeran Taps Chance The Rapper & PnB Rock For ‘Cross Me’
- Will Smith & DJ Khaled Team Up For “Friend Like Me”