Ariana Grande thank u next No 1 Debut.
The song, inspired by her ex-boyfriends, debuts atop the chart and becomes the first No. 1 debut for a woman since Adele’s “Hello.” “thank u” received 55.5 million U.S. streams and 81,000 downloads in the week ending Nov. 8, according to Billboard.
Grande previously peaked a No. 2 with 2014’s “Problem” featuring Iggy Azalea. “Next” is her 11th Hot 100 top 10 and first since “God Is a Woman,” which reached No. 8 in September.
“thank u thank u thank u,” tweeted a grateful Grande. “yeeeeeee baby’s first number one.”
yeeeeeee baby’s first number one
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) November 12, 2018
“thank u” is Grande’s 35th Hot 100 entry. She made her Hot 100 debut in April 2013 with “The Way” featuring Mac Miller, which peaked at No. 9.
After seven weeks on top of the chart, Maroon 5’s “Girls Like You” featuring Cardi B falls to No. 2, while Travis Scott’s “Sicko Mode” dips 2-3.
Share This Article
Rayne Klye is an editor for 24Hip-Hop. He keeps you in the loop nightly by updating the site with your favorite songs, videos, mixtapes, and news stories, all while maintaining our social media game to be on point. His appreciation for art, and love for sports & fashion makes this Chicago writer very knowledgeable within the entire urban culture ...
- MUSIC: Kodak Black Ft. Juice Wrld – Moshpit
- Ruby Rose Makes Her Debut As Batwoman
- NEW MUSIC: Anoyd – What’s Free Freestyle
- VIDEO: 24hrs – Family & Money
- NEW MUSIC: Miley Cyrus – Nothing Breaks Like A Heart
- Nicki Minaj Defends New Man’s Criminal Past
- NEW MUSIC: Zayn – There You Are
- Meek Mill’s ‘Championships’ Debuts At No. 1
- Video: Usher & Zaytoven – ‘Peace Sign’